Writing at a whim

Wednesday, May 8, 2013



I wanted to know you, not half know you. I wanted to know if I could love you, if you would let me, if there could be an honesty between us. I know I can only confess this once, or maybe twice, for we are nothing, were nothing, and memories are more sacred the quieter you keep them. There are things I know and love: the taste of jasmine tea flowering on my tongue, undoing the hairpins at night and letting my hair tumble down piece by piece, the sky in all its iterations, candles burning blessings until they are a puddle of wax in a sand circles, kisses between my shoulder blades. You are not one of these, known and beloved, though I imagine perhaps. Had we started earlier, had you tried harder.

Labels:


/11:49 PM

about me

vanessa.
boring and inscrutable.
satirical and opinionated.
sardonic but innocuous.
enigmatic and taciturn.
pococurante but caring.
neurotic but with equanimity.
you wouldn't get me at all,
cause I wouldn't let you.

quote

"Let me tell you this: Some of life's questions you have to answer, some you just have to dance your face off and scream "no comment."" --- John Mayer

drop a line

previously
my past


you people

3 of us
Cell
Desiree
Eunice
Freesia
Janice
Jasmine Wee
Jessie
Jiaying
Kristal
Pearlly
Shiyun
Tingen
Wanwen
Weilien
Xinyi