Writing at a whim

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

And out you went

When you stepped into my life
you made me question,

“How on earth did I realise you were here.”

Was it the way, we did not speak
and spoke when we needed to.

Or when you sat beside me at lunch
and told me what you did yesterday.

I bet it was the times we texted
and didn’t care to reply each other.

But you walked in anyway,
snuck in through the backdoor,
hollering your way
announcing your eminent arrival.

Now I’m stuck with a mouthful of words,
sorrowful eyes, knotted brows,
a torn muscle and a countdown clock.

I did not see the importance of you when you arrived.

I questioned myself,
If you would step right out again.

Labels:


/10:36 PM

about me

vanessa.
boring and inscrutable.
satirical and opinionated.
sardonic but innocuous.
enigmatic and taciturn.
pococurante but caring.
neurotic but with equanimity.
you wouldn't get me at all,
cause I wouldn't let you.

quote

"Let me tell you this: Some of life's questions you have to answer, some you just have to dance your face off and scream "no comment."" --- John Mayer

drop a line

previously
my past


you people

3 of us
Cell
Desiree
Eunice
Freesia
Janice
Jasmine Wee
Jessie
Jiaying
Kristal
Pearlly
Shiyun
Tingen
Wanwen
Weilien
Xinyi