Writing at a whim

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

SingPoWriMo2015Day15‬

#‎SingPoWriMo2015Day15‬ ‪#‎SingPoWriMoDay15‬
- Write a poem in which you wake up and it's 3am and you're in a park. 
‪#‎bonus‬ - It's Bishan Park. 
‪#‎bringitbonus‬ - Make no reference to water, plants/trees or animals.

1.
It’s 3am and there are shadows
everywhere.

I rise,
a perfect broken body.

I do not recognise
the darkness sitting
beside me
breathing quietly
and calmly.

Hours ago,
couples were calling their
goodbyes while I
said mine.

2.
The sound of a motorcycle
starts
splutters and
dies.

A car alarm goes off.

It screams and screams
into the deathly stillness.

I remember
your promises
again and again
loud and empty.

3.
I gaze into
the faces of the stars.
Their eyes twinkle
with wise words.

What is it you are not telling me?
Why does everything start and end
and nothing lasts?

The wind swoops down
and embraces me.
I taste salt.
I am shaking.
I stop.

I speak into the wind
as it vanishes and takes my words away.

May you listen to the voice of the wind
in your deepest silences.
May you forgive even when the World
will not forgive you.

4.
I put my head down,
rearrange by broken legs

and soar into a dreamless night.

/11:16 PM

about me

vanessa.
boring and inscrutable.
satirical and opinionated.
sardonic but innocuous.
enigmatic and taciturn.
pococurante but caring.
neurotic but with equanimity.
you wouldn't get me at all,
cause I wouldn't let you.

quote

"Let me tell you this: Some of life's questions you have to answer, some you just have to dance your face off and scream "no comment."" --- John Mayer

drop a line

previously
my past


you people

3 of us
Cell
Desiree
Eunice
Freesia
Janice
Jasmine Wee
Jessie
Jiaying
Kristal
Pearlly
Shiyun
Tingen
Wanwen
Weilien
Xinyi